Question on <required>XML directive</required>

• In tinydns_domains.xml (and elsewhere), you can indicate that a certain field MUST be filled out by the user by including the <required>tag, like:

<field><fieldname>hostname</fieldname>
                            <fielddescr>Hostname or FQDN (e.g.: www.exampledomain.com)</fielddescr>
                            <description>The DNS server will supply Records for the Fully Qualified Domain Name that is enteredription>
                            <required><type>input</type>
                            <size>35</size></required></description></field>

What if you have two fields and one – either one -- must be filled in.  Is there a way to indicate that?</required>

• Not sure I follow.  Simply define required in each area.

• Take a tinydns record, for instance:

&domain:field1:field2

It isn't mandatory that you supply field1.  It isn't mandatory that you supply field2.  But Tinydns requires you to supply one or both of the fields.

With the <required>XML tag, I can instruct the GUI to make sure the user fills in field1 or I can instruct the GUI to make sure the user fills in field2.  But how do I get the GUI to make sure the user fills in one of those two fields, without specifying which one?</required>

• In those cases you need custom validation.  Take a peek at the openvpn package that does this.

/usr/local/pkg/openvpn*

• Ah!  I will check it out.  Thanks!

• Something like what's going on in…

openvpn.xml:

<custom_php_command_before_form>...</custom_php_command_before_form>