OpenVPN routing problem
violinipa last edited by
I have a configuration like this:
OpenVPN server in headquarter and several office that are connected to the headquorter as openvpn client.
I need to have each internal network reach across to the other one.
In the headquarter i have openvpn server running on linux server. In remote offices I have various types of firewalls with openvpn.
The configuration works properly except for the office which the pfsense.
In this office, I have 2 pfSese configured in CARP for HA and 2 WAN connections for balancing and failover.
HeadQuarter = subnet 10.0.0.0/24
Office A = subnet 10.0.1.0/24
Office B = subnet 10.0.2.0/24
Office C = subnet 10.0.3.0/24 (pfSense)
In Office C pfsense CARP is also the gateway for the lan client
In Office C i added a roule to permit all traffic through the vpn tunnel
In Office C in OpenVpn settings i set Virtual IP of LAN as INTERFACE for the OpenVPN client
HeadQarter OpenVPN push the route for the remote office (I have additional configuration file directives for clients).
the client in the Office A and Office B can ping client in the other offices but client in the office C doesn't ping the other offices
I have a strange situation:
- the openvpn connection is established;
- pfSense has a correct routing table;
- if i ping any other offices through the pfsense shell, it works correctly;
- if i execute traceroute to any other offices through the pfsense shell, it works correctly;
- if i ping through the PC, it doesn't works correctly;
- if i execute traceroute through the PC, it doesn't works correctly;