Snom Phone and OpenVPN

• Hi Everybody,

After beating my head on this for like a week and searching for everything possible I need to ask for help.

I have successfully connected a remote Snom 821 to my work pfsense openvpn server but I cannot access the phone's webpage from the LAN behind the pfsense box.

Remote LAN: 10.0.0.0/24
    Local LAN: 192.168.1.0/24
    VPN Pool: 10.0.8.0/24
    Snom phone Virtual Address: 10.0.8.6

Shouldn't the 192.168.1.0/24 LAN be able to access the phone on the virtual address pool? What am I doing wrong?

I don't really know what to post here to help troubleshoot, so please let me know what other info is required.

thanks

• I have a similar config except my snom is on a remote vlan and not on the remote lan.
    To get to it, I needed to add an Client Specific override with "iroute 192.168.4.0 255.255.255.0" where the net is the remote phone vlan. Not sure of the specifics for your case.

• Where did you add this override? On Pfsense or in the vpn.cnf file?

• pfsense -> vpn -> openvpn -> ClientSO

• Ah, I see.

But where do I put that line? I'm thinking I need a bit more in depth explanation.  Can you please post a screenshot of your override?

thanks

• Paste it into the 'Advanced' section at the bottom of the Client Specific Overrides.

• Thanks for the help, but this doesn't seem to be working.  I can't register the phone on the PBX because it can't access the Local Network behind pfsense.

Can anybody else please help me out?

• Okay, I have this working now.

I put the```
    push "iroute 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0"

Ini order to register the phone I had to manually provision the phone. It will not auto-provision, I assume because pfsense doesn't pass the option 66 for TFTP to the Virtual Lan clients? Either that or OpenVPN doesn't support passing said option?

Thanks for the help thermo!