Xbox 360 Won't connect to network or Xbox Live

• Hello guys, I'm a new PFSense user so I'm very new to the interface. I just set up my first PFSense router/firewall and so far everything is working with 1 exception. The Xbox 360.

I've read the sticky and attempted those steps without luck (I've attempted static, and also UPnP settings suggested). However, my base problem is a little different. Since setting up the PFSense router, my Xbox doesn't even detect that a cable is plugged in. From what I can see in the logs it doesn't even attempt to pick up an address, and when it is set to a static never even shows online.

The Xbox 360 device thinks that there is no cable plugged in. I have a spare bridge that I used to test the port on the 360 and when it's plugged into the bridge it detects the cable and allows me to set a static address. However, once I switch the cable back it does not ever connect to the network.

I would greatly appreciate any advice here.

• How is the 360 connected to your Pfsense box? Are you coming out of the Pfsense box on your lan port and connecting to a switch or are you connecting the Pfsense box directly to your Xbox? Remember that connecting like devices require a cross over cable unless your device has MDIX.

• I've tried a few ways. My PFSense is connected to a switch in my basement near where the patch panel for my house is.

So my connection is basically - Xbox -> Switch -> PFSense

I've also tried it through my WAP which has some Lan ports and is in the same area as my Xbox and has a few other devices that are able to successfully connect (DirectTV reciever, PS3, and AT&T Microcell). It acts the same way… like it doesn't detect the cable. In this scenario it would be Xbox -> WAP Lan port -> Switch -> PFSense.

• @Dexterryu:

Hello guys, I'm a new PFSense user so I'm very new to the interface. I just set up my first PFSense router/firewall and so far everything is working with 1 exception. The Xbox 360.

I've read the sticky and attempted those steps without luck (I've attempted static, and also UPnP settings suggested). However, my base problem is a little different. Since setting up the PFSense router, my Xbox doesn't even detect that a cable is plugged in. From what I can see in the logs it doesn't even attempt to pick up an address, and when it is set to a static never even shows online.

The Xbox 360 device thinks that there is no cable plugged in. I have a spare bridge that I used to test the port on the 360 and when it's plugged into the bridge it detects the cable and allows me to set a static address. However, once I switch the cable back it does not ever connect to the network.

I would greatly appreciate any advice here.

1. are they different cables you're using to test on the network vs on the bridge?
    2. are you sure the port on the switch isn't shut?