Pfsense router set up $70
sujyo1 last edited by
Happy New Year
Hello pf guru…I need expert help to set up my pf router as my following requirements....
BOX Info & current setup:
pf 2.1-RELEASE (i386)
CPU: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N280 @ 1.66GHz 2 CPUs: 1 package(s) x 1 core(s) x 2 HTT threads,
40Gb Hard Drive, 2Gb DDR2 RAM, 4GB, 3 Nics(1 Broadcom 10/100/1000, 2 Intel 10/100/1000)
WAN: auto IP
NETWORK SET UP Requirement:
WAN: auto IP (want to set static IP provided by cable co have 5 static IPs)
LAN: 192.168.0.1/24 to netgear gigabit 8 port switch connected to Deaktop1, Desktop2, Desktop3, DVR (all wired devices)
* Set up DVR remote access using one of the static ip open port 5445, 5446, 80
* DVR can be access from OPT1 (Hotspot) via cell phone application (allow OPT1 to LAN)
* Need access form LAN to OPT1 to config all access points
* Set up pfbox remote webgui login using static ip or other way
OPT1: (HOTSPOT) 192.168.1.1 to netgear gigabit 8 port switch connected to 4 engenius ECB-600 access points ip 192.168.1.101 to 104 (all wireless devices)
* Set OPT1 to http captive portal (all custom captive portal page set up is ready to go)
* Set OPT1 (hotspot) for hourly & daily detail log reports with each wireless client's mac, visited urls, ip…etc.
* Want to save all log report for log time so want to set up auto move every month all log reports from pfbox to local desk top or usb easily with out
using command line.
* Set fire wall rules if needed
Note: you Can install any required package/s while its a full install to make it work. Also can use 5 static ips.
I do appreciate and will pay $70, If any pfsense expert able to log in to my computer remotely and tweak & set my pfsense as above. Thank You
drcasper last edited by
Hi.. this stuff is pretty straight forward to do.. i know you want someone to do it all for you, but if you invest a few hours of your day following online guides, you would learn so much. .. i know this because i was in the same spot you are now a few months ago and all it really took was the will to get my hands dirty.
with that said, if you ever get the urge to pursue this for yourself, hit the IRC channel and they can answer any questions you may have (is a really active chatroom)…
good luck to you :) ..
ps: I signed up just now, after months of lurking, to post this response. please do not take it negatively. i respect your decision either way.
sujyo1 last edited by
Thank You for reply drcasper. Iwill try that