LANs don't talk to each other

• I have the following setup

<modem>–- (WAN) <pfsense>(LAN)  --- (subnet 192.168.1.0) 8 port switch
                                              (LAN1) --- (subnet 192.168.2.0) Wireless Accesspoint

How do I setup the rules so LAN and LAN1 can share files via \Wireless-computerIP or \Wireless-computerNAME or even can I get Microsoft Workgroup to see them?</pfsense></modem>

• are LAN and LAN1 two separate interfaces? If so, you just need firewall rules to allow the desired traffic.

• Yes they are… What would they look like?

Thanks,

• Anyone want to help me on these rules?

• What rules do you have on the interfaces?

MS workgroup is based on broadcasts and they wont get over a router.

• With the default rule on both lan's it will work with \ip

else try without accesspoint
    or
    post your rules on both lan

• @NobleDell:

Anyone want to help me on these rules?

Post the rules you have tried to get working and we have something to work on

• Hi! First of all, sorry about my english
    I have a question but quite the contrary:
    have a router, network built on vlans. How could block access from one vlan to other vlans?

• So, to fix this issue I added a swtich and disabled the second LAN and it worked.  But I have decided that I want to split that traffic again.

So there is my current setup.

ISP <-> <pfsense>  <-> LAN <-> 192.168.1.1 <-> 192.168.1.100 (Windows Server 2003)
                                                                  <-> 192.168.1.101 (Windows Vista Ultimate)
                                                                  <-> DHCP (XBMC)
                                                                  <-> DHCP (XBox 360)
                                                                  <->… DHCP (Windows XP)
                                <->LAN1 <->192.168.2.1 <-> 192.168.2.151 (Windows Vista Ultimate)
                                                                  <-> DHXP (Windows XP)
                                                                  <->DHCP (XBMC)
                                                                  <->DHCP (XBox 360)
                                                                  <->... DHCP (Windows XP)
                                <->WLAN0<->192.168.3.1 <->... DHCP (Windows XP)

I have setup default rules on the LAN interfaces to be able to access the WAN and setup default rules to setup traffic between the LANS. (See attached image)

Now, I am able to do a \192.168.1.100 from any place on any LAN and I am able to get to the Windows 2003 Server.  But if I am on LAN 192.168.1.101 and try a \192.168.2.151 I am unable to get to the other Windows Vista machine.  Basically I am only able to get to the server but I want to be able to to transfer files between all the lans.

</pfsense>

• Issue Resolved - Windows Firewall Issue