Wireless channels list $30 {awarded}

• [update 3/29] In the 3/26 beta the channel info is integrated into the drop-down box, but now the frequency is no longer shown (thus I had to start using shell again).

[update 3/20] In the 3/19 beta the GUI displays output from "ifconfig ath0 list channels"; this suffices.
    Bounty awared to the pfSense team: paypal@chrisbuechler.com

(original post) In the web gui for wireless settings, add a description in the [wireless channel selection drop-down box] that displays the details about each channel number to save users the hassle of going to a shell prompt and inspecting the device.

Thanks,

• This is on our list for 1.1 but anyone is more than welcome to work on it, we wont be working on this for a bit.

• BTW, This work was done by Seth Mos and is in 1.0-RELENG_1  Do you plan on fulfilling the bounty promise?

• This bounty was awared to the pfSense team "paypal@chrisbuechler.com" on 03/29/06.
    If it went to the wrong address please forward it on.
    Also, it would be helpful to add the Frequency to the drop-down; especially for 5.xGHz.
    Thanks,-pc

Payment Sent (ID #7YW28281H1402603P)

Original Transaction
    Date Type Status Details Amount
    Mar. 29, 2006 Payment To Chris Buechler Completed ... -$30.00 USD

Related Transaction
    Date Type Status Details Amount
    Mar. 29, 2006 Charge From XXX Completed Details $30.00 USD

Name:
    Chris Buechler   
    Email:
    paypal@chrisbuechler.com

Total Amount:
    -$30.00 USD

Date:
    Mar. 29, 2006
    Time:
    14:13:49 PST
    Completed

Subject:
    pfSense Bounty (wireless channels)
    Note:
    Even though this was already on your schedule I really appreciate not having to open a shell prompt for the wireless channels list.
    Thanks,
    Pete
    Internet Professionals, LLC.

This transaction will appear on your statement as "PAYPAL *CBUECHLER".

• I have just commited a fix to CVS and it will now display the mode channel and frequency.

Hope your happy now.

• @databeestje:

I have just commited a fix to CVS and it will now display the mode channel and frequency.

Hope your happy now.

Thanks databeestje!

• This code has made it into CVS but unfortunately only in HEAD and not RELENG_1.

So the next version major version (1.1) will include this!