Can't connect PPP
can't use my huawei e392-u12
Feb 8 19:57:49 ppp: [opt1_link0] Link: reconnection attempt 122
Feb 8 19:57:47 ppp: [opt1_link0] Link: reconnection attempt 122 in 2 seconds
Feb 8 19:57:47 ppp: [opt1_link0] LCP: Down event
Feb 8 19:57:47 ppp: [opt1_link0] Link: DOWN event
Feb 8 19:57:47 ppp: [opt1_link0] MODEM: can't open chat script file
Feb 8 19:57:47 ppp: OpenConfFile: Can't open file '/var/etc/mpd.script': No such file or directory
built on Fri Feb 7 09:57:48 EST 2014
You are on the latest version.
[2.1.1-PRERELEASE][admin@pfsense.*****.local]/var/etc(17): vi mpd_opt1.conf
# configure the console
set console close
# configure the web server
set web close
create bundle static opt1
set bundle enable ipv6cp
set iface name ppp1
set iface disable on-demand
set iface idle 0
set iface enable tcpmssfix
set iface up-script /usr/local/sbin/ppp-linkup
set iface down-script /usr/local/sbin/ppp-linkdown
set ipcp ranges 0.0.0.0/0 10.64.64.1/0
set ipcp enable req-pri-dns
set ipcp enable req-sec-dns
#log -bund -ccp -chat -iface -ipcp -lcp -link
create link static opt1_link0 modem
set link action bundle opt1
mpd_opt1.conf: unmodified: line 1
Was this working before on 2.1.1 and broke with that snapshot? Or has it never worked for you on 2.1.1?
Seeing the RRD Graphs, i lost ppp Thursday night (snapshot 6 February). I remember using 31 Jan, 4 Feb, 6 Feb and 7 Feb snaps. Now i have the stable 2.1
- MB: Asrock wolfdale1333-d667 http://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/wolfdale1333-d667/
- Cpu: Celeron(R) CPU E1200
- DDR2 2GB dual channel team elite.
- Sata to CF adapter (Marvel chipset )
- Networks - intel dual GB 1000 Pt and huawei e392-u12 (locked to LTE)
- pfSense-2.1.1-PRERELEASE-4g-amd64-nanobsd_vga-upgrade-20140205-1409.img.gz (edit 2: ppp doesn't work i have to do a ln -s /usr/local/sbin/mpd.script /var/etc/mpd.script to solve the problem ).
- pfSense-2.1.1-PRERELEASE-4g-amd64-nanobsd_vga-upgrade-20140204-2041.img.gz (need patch)
- pfSense-2.1.1-PRERELEASE-1g-amd64-nanobsd_vga-upgrade-20140204-0232.img.gz (edit 3: Works fine without patch)
Aside note, probably not related, i have to Restart webConfigurator to change settings maybe a day or less before i do another Restart webConfigurator or reboot. Some time i have to do a hard reboot to boot (to refresh my huawei e392-u12, after unplug usb i have to reboot pfSense, otherwise i can't connect - stable 2.1 and i think 2.01 and 2.02). But this is for another topic.
Renato spotted an issue with the mpd script and put in a fix, snapshots dated after this post should be OK
I see the fix, should be OK buy i will test and give feedback.
Can i change the 3G icon for the LTE or 4G? Its´s a cosmetic thing but… .Cell Mode is reporting wrong information, currently i have "None, No Service Mode" sometime i have a 3G mode in locked LTE Mode USB.
Problem solved :). Thanks
built on Tue Feb 11 22:10:33 EST 2014