Wireless Access Point Scheduling?

• I'm new to pfsense so please bear with me…

I have a pc engines based appliance with three ports and a wireless card installed that is running version 2.1.

I have simple requirements for the wireless access point that I haven't been able to figure out.  Basically:
    (1) I want my wireless access point to be part of our internal LAN and provide WAN access (like any standard commercial home router).
    (2) I want to schedule the hours of operation to be five (5) days a week from 8AM to 5PM.

Item #2 is the one I'm having trouble with...  I thought I saw a scheduling page in the web gui but it' not what I expected.

I'm guessing that I can't really just turn off the wireless card but instead have to configure a rule to disable the interface?'

Thank You,
    Jon Herr

• Banned

Hmm, install cron package and do something like ifconfig ath0 down|up as needed?

• Ok, I'm brand new to pfsense…  is this done as a plug in?  Do I have to ssh in to the router to create cron jobs?

Thanks,
    Jon

• Banned

Install cron package. System - Packages.

• Just create firewall block  rule and specify the schedule that you need under schedules.

doktornotor:
    pfSense is unix but with the easy GUI, no!

• @doktornotor:

Hmm, install cron package and do something like ifconfig ath0 down|up as needed?

i do that and it works well.  on my setup, it turns the radio right off, not just disables access.  i added a web page that allows me to override the current wireless state if needed as  well.

wireless.php.txt

• @ermal:

Just create firewall block  rule and specify the schedule that you need under schedules.

What Ermal says. I have this too (with some help from Phil.Davis to get it to work  ;D ).

1. On the top of your LAN create a block all rule, and assign a time schedule to it (for example: off at 22.00 - on at 08.00).
    2. Beneath that, have your pass rules.

't Works  ;D