Maximum concurrent connections

• Hello
    I need a way to let several guests to use the same login and password in a restaurant. Maximum concurrent connections isnt the
    way after what i can read. Is there another way?
    I have tried to set one AP macadress in passtrough in CP but in the end its the guests mac as counts and they will be blocked.

What i want is to give guests in restaurant free internet.

• disable authentication  … then everyone gets free internet

• As long as the box to 'disable concurrent logins' is unchecked, you should be fine using the same login on multiple client devices.

• @dotdash:

As long as the box to 'disable concurrent logins' is unchecked, you should be fine using the same login on multiple client devices.

I missed some information. I´m on a Camping and the guests outside the restaurant must pay. If i unhceck concurrent login
    i get to many clients for the WLAN. The last years i can see a growing use of wlan, a visiting family can have up to 6 units and use them all…...  with one ticket.

A solution could be to set up one optional lan with its own dhcp and put the AP for restaurant  there.

Thanks for your answers.

• from 2.1-release it is possible to have multiple captive portals for different interfaces (i've not tested this myself).

that way you could have a free/open CP for your restaurant and a voucher-system for the rest of the campsite. This setup would require an additional interface.

This would involve an additional network card, or the use of vlan's with a vlan-capable-switch

enjoy