Captive portal vouchers not valid on slave



  • Hi guys,

    I have a pair of pfSense routers (both running 2.1.3-RELEASE (amd64)) up and running and I'm trying to get them to play nicely with a captive portal setup. The master router has been running for 6 months happily but I'm trying to build in some resiliency and load balancing so have setup a second router and I'm using the High Availability Sync over a dedicated network to keep things up to date.

    From what I can tell, all seems to be working happily except for my vouchers. When I enable the sync, they appear on the slave router but testing any of them on the slave gives me a fail with either "TYPO Invalid code" or "TYPO Invalid magic".

    I can't see any obvious difference between the settings for the two routers once the voucher sync has been enabled and the logs report the sync is working but I simply don't seem to be able to use any of the sych'd vouchers on the slave.

    Can anyone point me in the right direction?



  • I have a similar situation with voucher sync. I don't have a pair but a router at another location syncing and none of the vouchers work. They say:

    invalid: TYPO Invalid magic !!
    

    Were you able to resolve this yet pugmiester?



  • Hi focalguy,

    No not yet, I'm going to take another look this morning to see if anything jumps out at me.



  • See https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=73987.15

    @ozlecz:

    thanks guys…...had it worked;

    = got to make the same zone throughout

    The zones in both master and slave have to have the same name… (sadly again that the documentation seems to lack this -.-)



  • Yup, I just found that yesterday myself! Glad I'm not the only one who missed it. Seems like it should be in the documentation.



  • Hi guys. As far as I can see, both the GUI and XML are reporting a matching zone name (I presume this is the name of the captive portal).

    As I test, I've just disabled the Sync between the master and slave, disabled the portal setup on the slave and confirmed the settings were removed, then enabled Sync again. Everything seems to populate across from the master but still no luck. I'm still getting "TYPO Invalid Magic !!"


Log in to reply