RRD Graphs not working - 2.1.3



  • Hello,

    After a recent upgrade to 2.1.3 (from 2.0.3) we noticed that we are no longer populating any RRD graphs for our Captive Portal.  Trolling through the forums, it seems this was a known issue (bug #3225) but that it was fixed.  Unfortunately we're still seeing issues.  The only thing that we can think of that would possibly be the issue is that we ended up adding as second CP and then later deleting the original default 'cpzone' one.  The new one has a specific name attached and the 'cpzone' is now gone.

    When we go into the STATUS > RRD section, and click on the CAPTIVE PORTAL tab, I see the lower sub-tab with the named instance of the new CP, but the pull down menu where you would normally see the 'Concurrent Users' or 'Logged in' options are missing.  If I navigate to the CUSTOM section of RRD, I am able to pull some graphs from dates prior to the upgrade related to the 'cpzone' CP, but nothing since the upgrade.

    Any suggestions for troubleshooting next steps? 
    Thanks
    -S



  • Hi.

    Yep, I think I know what you mean.
    When shifting to 2.1.3:

    2.1.3-RELEASE (amd64)
    built on Thu May 01 15:52:13 EDT 2014
    FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE-p16

    Update available. Click Here to view update

    .
    [oops: a n update just came out several minutes ago  :) :))

    I also saw strange stats.
    Some how, the upgrading of the portal RRD stats (adding the concept of different "zones" etc messed up the RRD data.

    I managed to keep thing going by removing deactivating the portal interface in the old pfSEnse version.
    Remove ALL Captive portal settings from the config file - this and everything between it:
            <captiveportal></captiveportal>

    Upgrade - RDD will be handled fine.
    Activating the captive portal again.

    I guess I saw how new stats where generated.
    I wiped these Captive Portal stats files.
    Renamed my old RDD stats file to the new one.
    Done.

    I know, this is what is being called 'some jacking' but it worked for me.

    I finally used other methods to stat: this is from my server on the net: http://www.test-domaine.fr/munin/dyndns.org/brithotelfumel.dyndns.org/index.html#portalusers


Log in to reply