I'm trying to do the backup using synology through pfsense vpn
I've done this
but nothing works so far
now the company backup is not available and I'm in a very tight spot! any helps and guides is very appreciated!
With similar amount of information, try a crystal ball.
thing is synology won't establish a connection I add the certificate already (ca.cert) generated from pfsense's openVPN client export(vicosity bundle)
anything else you guys need to know please tell !
There are some bright people hanging around here, but with this little info expect no miracle answer.
Anything else? How about the usual… (draw your setup. Some info on the vpn setup could help also)
after reading your post a couple of time, I make these assumptions:
- pfSense is your VPN head-end.
- Synology will be the client, which needs to connect.
- open a port to allow the vnp client connection in?
- configure the Synoloy vpn client correctly? post or attach server & client config
- check FW logs in pfSense? There is a separate tab for OpenVPN
- check Synology log? What error do you see when it attempts to connect?