OVPN DHCP? Gateway? Where to configure that?
I have 2 pfSense as CARP-Cluster.
oVPN is running and I can access the LAN-Network from the clients.
I can't tunnel all the traffic, because of no gateway is set for the Clients.
- But where can I tell oVPN what Gateway the clients should have for the TUN-adapter?
- What IS actually the right Gateway to use? (just the LAN-Gateway?)
- Where can I configure the DHCP that gives IP's to the VPN-Clients?
I searched for answers, but I can't find something that helps me at this point.
hope for some hints ;)
- what gateway for what purpose ? on the client end or the server ? what do you want to do?
- see above
- you don't configure dhcp, openvpn dynamically assigns ip's from the chosen tunnel network. if you pick 10.10.0.0/24 as tunnel network then your server will be .1 and all the others (.2-.254) will be assigned to the clients.
WAN is a failover-group of three conections. Not round-robin, the fastest is tier1, the slowest is tier3.
LAN network is
10.10.10.0/24 where the gateway to WAN is 10.10.10.252 (CARP vIP)
VPN network is
10.10.90.0/24 Clients with an IP from this network don't get a gateway-IP during connection.
Clients from VPN can access the LAN
Without gateway Windows blocks all incoming traffic from VPN-TUN,
so Clients from LAN can't access VPN-Clients (if the windows-firewall is OFF they can, but this is no solution)
As you told me, there is no DHCP. Then - in my case - 10.10.90.1 is the right IP for the VPN-Clients as gateway?
Clients get an IP via VPN, also they get the configured DNS, but no gateway and I can't find where I can manage that.