CP and DNS

• Hi all,

We are working with a system called Corinex in combination with PFsense.
    Everything worked great and my clients were a always redirected to the login page of the CP.

At this moment CP is not working anymore, as I did some changes which I can't remember  :-[
    All my clients with Corinex hardware are now allowed on the network and have full internet speeds  and I'm wondering where I messed up
    I have a slight clue that the trouble started when I changed the DNS server.
    Can someone tell me if the entered DNS server in General Setup does matter if you use the CP?
    Should I use the gateway address instead of for example 8.8.8.8?

Thanks for your help in advance

Koen

• Your clients should use pfsense as dns.

Use ipfw -x "zone" list to see why your clients can access the internet with the CP on.

• The strange thing is that all the clients CAN access the internet when CP is on, but they are not presented the log-in screen first.

• Post a detailed config of your network.

• Ok what info would you need?

DNS is now configured as 212.54.35.25 and 212.54.40.25 which are default Ziggo DNS.
    Can I change them into 172.16.0.1 as that is the IP of my PFsense?

Furthermore there is some port forwarding and NAT configured, would you need all this info to?

• Just post a detailed config of your LAN. It isnt that hard.

• I see you haven't noticed the amount of Noobieness I carry with me but oke I assume you mean the following:

Lan IP Router: 172.16.0.1
    Subnet 172.16.0.0
    mask 255.255.0.0
    DHCP is enabled
    DHCP Range 172.16.1.1 - 172.16.4.254
    DNS Forwarder is enabled

Is that detailed enough?
    Anyway, thanks in advance for your help.

• Your CP is activated on the LAN interface ?
    How do you client connect ?  a big switch between this LAN interface and clients ? An AP ? And if it is an AP, has the DHCP been shut down in the AP ? And the router mode has been disabled ?
    When client get an IP, is it in the right network segment (  between 172.16.1.1 and 172.16.4.254 ) ? Another IP ? pfSEnse show that he gave that IP (see on Status => DHCP server page )

• Banned

Also, are the DNS servers whitelisted on CP?