Alias WebGUI bugs

• I'm not sure where to post these…

pfsense: 1.2 Release.

1. There seems to be a limit of 98 entries per alias, which is ok. Problem is that it allows to add more, but then just looses them after a save.
    2. Sometimes, not always there is alias entry 'fragmentation'. After saving these aliases they appear as in attached picture.

BR,
    Andy

• I have worked a bit more with aliases and Regarding #2 it seems that the bug occurs when Alias type = Network and CIDR has the same number as the previous entry, then it gets 'framgented'.

• @andy404:

I have worked a bit more with aliases and Regarding #2 it seems that the bug occurs when Alias type = Network and CIDR has the same number as the previous entry, then it gets 'framgented'.

I haven't seen this. No frags just loosing some and can't add new one. And list is looong but. I didn't find any reference on that how long list can be.

Sasa

• the 99 entries limit is correct.

It's not documented but it exists. So let this forum post the documentation. In the future there will be a higher limit.

Kind regards,

Seth

• Can you replicate that fragmentation?  If so, please provide specific steps that'll allow us to replicate and fix it.

I opened a ticket on this, we shouldn't just drop any exceeding the limit without warning at least.

• I have just increased the limit to 299.

• @sullrich:

I have just increased the limit to 299.

Can I change that in 1.2 relase. It is in production and I nead that feature. pfSense is interconnectig 3 networks with 150 comps on each and system admin wish is to use lists to enabele or disable acces to internet for large group of users (IP's).

Is there a way for me to change something by hand (like I am using my script for interconnecting DynDNS named sistes in IPSec tunneling with uptime 99,99% :-) )

Sasa

• This is the change: http://cvstrac.pfsense.org/chngview?cn=22213

You can manually change the file at your pfSense using diagnostics>edit file from the webgui.

• @hoba:

You can manually change the file at your pfSense using diagnostics>edit file from the webgui.

TNX for that info/help.

Sasa

• @hoba:

This is the change: http://cvstrac.pfsense.org/chngview?cn=22213

I have applied changes and it is OK now.

TNX again.

Sasa