Allow only certain MAC addresses

• Hi,

Does it exist options to allow only certain MAC addresses access to the internet?  The DHCP lease allowance based on MAC addresses is too easy to circumvent ;-)

Thanks for tips on this.

Tor

• Use the static ARP option at the DHCP config page along with deny unknown clients. I think it should prevent using other IP/MAC-combinations than listed in your mappings.

• OK, but in this case do I HAVE to assign IP addresses too?  I have left this field blank in my list for now.

Tor

• Good question, I haven't tested that yet. You need it, you test it, you tell me  ;D

• Will do ;-)

.. especially if you tell me where I can find the dhcp mac config file from the ipcop box shell.  I got locked out because I hadn't listed my web browser computer's nic before I checked the ARP box ;-D

I'm using the liveCD version and I assume I select 8 to get to the shell.  Which text editor is supplied with pfsense and in which folder is this dhcp mac list xml file?

Tor

• @bushtor:

.. especially if you tell me where I can find the dhcp mac config file from the ipcop box shell.  I got locked out because I hadn't listed my web browser computer's nic before I checked the ARP box ;-D

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA…. Sorry couldn't resist.  We are the last people to know anything about IPCopout.

• @bushtor:

Will do ;-)

.. especially if you tell me where I can find the dhcp mac config file from the ipcop box shell.

Sorry, a typo :-(  Of course I meant 'the pfsense box shell'…

However I have located it ans solved the problem ;-)

Tor