Captive portal

• Hi Guys,
    First time posting.  I've inherited the pfsense setup from previous IT.  While I understand the setup, i am not sure why today my wifi has stopped working. 
    Wan address interface 10.0.180.10,  Lan network 172.16.1.1/16 where the DHCP services are running.  Any wifi guests will receive a 172.16.1.x address.

The pfSense has been setup to provide a portal disclaimer page.  Upon accepting the disclaimer, i should be on my way browsing the network.  Something stopped working.  I can ping the gateway from the pfSense, but i cannot ping the wan interface from my switch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• This your error description :
    @ssphoenix:

… Something stopped working.

:o

@ssphoenix:

I can ping the gateway from the pfSense, but i cannot ping the wan interface from my switch.

pinging from a switch ? Is it a manageable one ?
    Try pinging through a switch

• Banned

Additionally… the LAN is a wifi card? If not, why do the guests get IPs in the same subnet as your LAN?

• I have L2 managed switches.  Since i've done no changes on the network side, i can only assume something on the pfsense has gone wrong or changed.

On the Lan side, we have access points.  Not sure i understand.  The PFsense is providing the dhcp requests on the circuit routing all users through the 10.0.180.10 gateway (wan side).

Thanks.

• Banned

@ssphoenix:

The PFsense is providing the dhcp requests on the circuit routing all users through the 10.0.180.10 gateway (wan side).

Eeeeeeeeeh?  :o :o :o