Collect email from captive portal.

• Hi,

Actually use captive portal with authentication hidden (user: guest pass: mypass) to allow client enter from wifi.
    I will use default captive portal page to insert an email from users (and a checkbox to allow conset to use this mail).

It is possible?

Thanks in advance.

• @sap68:

It is possible?

pfSense is equipped with a build-in simple basic portal 'html' script.

The idea is that you write your own script, and you could even add PHP scripts if needed.

I guess, the word "possible" isn't what the one you should use here. You actually SHOULD do it.

The real question is : CAN you do it ?

• @Gertjan:

@sap68:

It is possible?

pfSense is equipped with a build-in simple basic portal 'html' script.

The idea is that you write your own script, and you could even add PHP scripts if needed.

I guess, the word "possible" isn't what the one you should use here. You actually SHOULD do it.

The real question is : CAN you do it ?

I have som basic knowledge of HTML, my problem is:

I have a form with authentication, How can use mail in the form if the primary action is PORTAL_ACTION?
    In other words: how can I capture mail text input form and use it with this form?
    I really don't know if it is possible.

My form:

<form method="post" action="$PORTAL_ACTION$">

Click here to enter!

mail:

</form>

• Hummm.

Some solid PHP knowledge is needed.

As you already might know, pfSense can send mails when some events happen.

The good news : you have the code that can send mails ! (because you have pfSense).

Glue it up together and your done.

• This is something I had to look at for a customer last year, in the end I ended up using my website, and using a cURL command in PHP to log e-mail address into a MySQL database.