Wireless Internal LAN Setup

• Hi there.

I'm very new to PFSense but have played around with IPCop and battled with connecting to an internal network using wireless.

Here is my desired setup:

INTERNET–>Router (new) --> PFSense --> Router (Old) --> internal clients

I have managed to install PfSense and after following many guides and so far so good. :) When it comes to setting up the wireless card to connect to my old router (I have to do this as the wireless NIC doesn't support accesspoint mode - when I choose access point, I cannot choose a channel so I have to choose infrastructure mode), I have no idea how to connect pfsense to my old router's wireless network.

If someone could give me a tutorial on how to configure pfsense from start to finish, that would absolutely magic :)

Mu Current Setup:

2 Routers,
    PfSense Box:

1x Ethernet (Wan connection)
                1x Wireless Card (DLink DWA 525)

I read about something called a WAN-LAN connection type but this article mentioned a router-router connection but this doesn't really help me as it doesn't use pfsense.

Thank you very much pfsense community :)

• You wan connection that enters the router (new), is it PPOE? I mean, you have an username and password configured on the router to get your internet connection up?
    If not, there is no point in having a router between the wan cable and Pfsense box. You can plug your cable straight into your pfsense box and setup wan interface as you have your router.