OpenVPN TAP for VOIP Multicast
Seeing my normal IPSEC VPN and my OpenVPN Tun don't cut it I'm trying to figure out the right way to set up an OpenVPN Tap Peer-to-peer with SSL.
- I create a CA cert, a server cert and a client cert. (server side)
- I then setup the openvpn on the server side. (see attachments)
- I set an interface for my OpenVPN and bind it with the VOIPVLAN
On the client I do
- Import the CA with only the crt
- Import the client with crt and private
- Set up client side openvpn (see attachments)
- Set an interface for OpenVpn and bridge it with my CLIENTVOIPLAN
Both my VOIP VLAN's have an IP within the same subnet
eg SERVERVOIPVLAN 10.10.10.1/24
My openvpn deamon always stops with error1??? These are the detailed messages when I check the log
Oct 20 07:50:26 openvpn: /sbin/ifconfig ovpnc1 172.18.200.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 mtu 1500 up
Oct 20 07:50:26 openvpn: FreeBSD ifconfig failed: external program exited with error status: 1
Oct 20 07:50:26 openvpn: Exiting due to fatal error
Anyone any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?
Well, strangely whatever I tested couldn't get it to work.
Changed the drive and NIC's to another physical system and connection of OpenVPN is active.
Allthough I added all the Firewall rules traffic doesn't pass over the link.