Dark theme is too dark

• The new Dark theme is nice but a little too dark.  Perhaps some highlights to brighten it up?

• Is that widescreen layout a 2.3 only thing? I like it!

• @Netizen1:

Is that widescreen layout a 2.3 only thing? I like it!

You can add more columns for widgets.

• The widescreen theme is available in 2.2.x.  Go to System - General Setup - Theme.  Pick pfsense_ng_fs from the dropdown menu.

• @KOM:

The new Dark theme is nice but a little too dark.  Perhaps some highlights to brighten it up?

Too much red. In a router Gui red should be applied to call attention for a very important matter. First time e see pfsense i thought that something is very wrong with my installation (1rts second). I think we can style the new theme putting css style files in (…)/www/bootstrap/ccs and configure on the system -> General. I probably do some styling and put where, if it will work ok.

• Administrator

I'll circle back to "finalizing" the colors in a bit, but right now I am focused on getting the packages functional.

@mais_um:

I think we can style the new theme putting css style files in (…)/www/bootstrap/ccs and configure on the system -> General. I probably do some styling and put where, if it will work ok.

Exactly

• I am about to setup a unit for testing 2.3
    What I see in KOM's screenshot does not appear to be too dark. Contrasts are high and readability seems good.

I'll be back with you once my test system is up and running.

• Just to be clear, my screenshot is something I modified to add the pfSense Red colour to the widget banners and Status: Dashboard.  I didn't do it to the Service Status & OpenVPN widgets, and they look drab and kind of wash together compared to the others.