Captive Portal Failed when pfSense Updated to 2.3

• Hello everyone,

Though I've used pfSense for quite some time - I just enrolled in this forum today.

I need help.

My problem with the captive portal occurs when I upgraded to pfSense 2.3.

• It failed to continue accessing the internet after clients enter authentication requirements, e.g. user name and passwords and or voucher codes.

• It is stuck to this page in the web browser: x.x.x.x:8002/index.php?zone=captiveportal

• It has also failed to show the authentication error page when authentications requirements are not met.

Much that I like the captive portal features of pfSense, however I am in need of help to address the problem after the upgrade.

I have been using captive portal vouchers to allow our students to use the internet.

TIA.

• make sure all the required hidden fields are in your (custom) portal/error page.
    on 2.3 the required fields are shown in the example on the configuration page / you can also see the contents of your current pages

• Thanks sir,

I believed I followed the default form requirements.

Here's the code:

<form method="post" action="$PORTAL_ACTION$">

Enter username and password here:

Username:

Password:

</form>

<form method="post" action="$PORTAL_ACTION$">

For students, please enter your voucher code here:

Voucher:

<footer>

1. Voucher codes are limited to one hour of internet access.

2. Code issuance is once in a day.

3. Voucher codes can be requested here or from the Internet Laboratory assistants.

</footer>

</form>

• try adding

• Thank you sir heper…

It's working now.

• When having issues like this, save your actual 'hand made' html pages and use the default 'pfsense' ones.
    When things suddenly start to work, you know where to look for ;)