Sky OnDemand intermittently failing

• Hi All,

I hope this is the right forum for this topic, I have been googling all morning to no avail to try and find an answer.

I have been setting up and configuring my pfSense firewall for a number of months now trying to get it right and I have been slowly adding devices and areas of my old network to it but today I tried adding my Sky TV boxes and while both initially come up connected to router and On Demand when I scroll through the content for a short while, mainly the sky story weirdly, it then tells me it doesn't have an internet connection. now this happens on both boxes one is Wired the other is through a Cisco WAP and both show the same behaviour yet when I switch them back to the old router they are working perfectly.

I have tried so far:

• Enabling Clear invalid DF bits instead of dropping the packets.

• Enabling Disables the PF scrubbing option which can sometimes interfere with NFS traffic.

• Both of the Above separately and together

• Enables uPnP for the sky box

• Changing the Firewall Optimization Options to Conservative from Normal

• Changing the Firewall Optimization Options to High-latency

None of the above worked but the last one at first seemed to work as I managed to get through more of the menu for the On Demand content before it said I didn't have internet but then It decided it didn't like it either.

So now i'm a bit stuck, I really want to use pfSense as my firewall and I've invested a lot of time and effort and a fair bit of coin (for me at least) to implement it.

Please can anyone suggest anything to try to get these darn Sky boxes playing nice?

Thanks