Disable packet filter

• Hi everybody!
    I want to turn Pfsense in a routing platform only, and disable packet filtering.
    Right now i'm using pfsense with load balance over 4 dsl (wan-opt1-opt2-opt3), version 1.2.1-RC1 07-31-2008.
    Can this be done?

Thanks!

• @Publisher105:

Hi everybody!
    I want to turn Pfsense in a routing platform only, and disable packet filtering.
    Right now i'm using pfsense with load balance over 4 dsl (wan-opt1-opt2-opt3), version 1.2.1-RC1 07-31-2008.
    Can this be done?

Thanks!

In the System tab choose "advanced" and there is a checkbox to disable all packet filtering.

It will also turn off NAT.

Best,

• If you want to keep the ability to filter packets based on firewall rules, go to NAT >> Outbound and change it to Manual and delete the rule it creates. This will give you a routing platform that can act as a firewall and it works very well.

• Ok. thanks
    but if i turn off the packet filter do i have to set nat manually? how do i do that?
    Can i set up nat manually with my current load balancer setup (4 wans)?
    All i want to do is turn my pfsense box in a "load balance" system only, no firewall needed, no port forward, just load balance.
    If somebody can help me….
    Bye!

• I think you still want network address translation if you are load balancing between ISP's. Do you just want to disable firewall rules? You could just put a rule on each interface that allows everything from every direction.

• You can't disable the filter without disabling NAT, they're done by the same thing. If you don't want to filter traffic put allow all rules on all your interfaces.