Good mornirg everyone.
With version 2.3.1-RELEASE-p5 the GPS connected directly to pfsense (Garmin 18x lvc) via RS232 it does not work anymore.
With the 2.3.1-RELEASE-p1 everything went wonderfully.
During the upgrade I noticed that was updated ntp package.
I hope that the next update will be solved the problem.
Many thanks in advance.
Jun 17 20:43:01 ntpd 69183 GPS_NMEA(0) serial /dev/gps0 open at 4800 bps Jun 17 20:44:13 ntpd 69183 kernel reports TIME_ERROR: 0x2007: PPS Frequency Sync wanted but no PPS; PPS Time Sync wanted but no PPS signal
This was recently committed into pfSense and might fix the problem you're having:
There is a post detailing a similar issue here:
Edit /usr/local/www/services_ntpd_gps.php using Diagnostics > Edit File and apply the aforementioned change manually.
Then review NTP GPS settings and confirm they are correct.
Jorge M. Oliveira
Thanks very much for your reply ;)
ok guys I made the change to the file , but the problem has not been solved :(
OK guys I have just restarted pfsense and now all works fine.
thanks for all ;D