• isnt there supposed to be a wol command in /usr/local/bin/ ?
    services_wol.php refers to it

• just what i thought….once i copied wol into /usr/local/bin/, wake on lan started to work....

• which wol

/usr/local/bin/wol

It's on the couple installs I checked, anyone else seeing this?

• @cmb:

which wol

/usr/local/bin/wol

Yes that wol. Tried several installs and it was missing. had to find it somewhere else.
    Can wake on lan work without it? Is it enough with services_wol.php ? Here it dont…

• He wasn't asking "which wol?", he was posting results from the "which" command, which shows the file is in place as it should be on the installs he checked.

• @stechnique:

He wasn't asking "which wol?", he was posting results from the "which" command, which shows the file is in place as it should be on the installs he checked.

Yes, exactly.  :)  All mine have it.

• Heh, ok sorry. i didnt know that.  :-X
    Still is/was strange tho…i never removed it,
    but probably something i did anyway.
    Couldnt understand how everybody was able to wake up computers from gui
    and i couldnt wake up anything. After i found and put the wol command in place all is fine.

• Just checked mine

which wol

wol: Command not found.

1.2.1-RC1
    built on Thu Aug 7 09:18:26 EDT 2008 (will upgrade to latest snapshot after the weekend)

This install wasn't an upgrade from 1.2 btw. It was installed from (pfSense-20080727-1200.iso.gz)

• yeah it doesn't seem to be in the update file at least, though I'm not sure how all my installs apparently ended up with it. It must have disappeared with a more recent change.  We'll check into it.

• great, then it was something afterall :)

• It'll be in the next snapshot.