2.3.1_1 to 2.3.1_5 Upgrade is still the same rubbish



  • Today i use the terminal like u mention many times before to others.

    Enter an option: 13

    Updating repositories metadata…
    Updating pfSense-core repository catalogue...
    Fetching meta.txz: . done
    Fetching packagesite.txz: . done
    Processing entries: .. done
    pfSense-core repository update completed. 13 packages processed.
    Updating pfSense repository catalogue...
    Fetching meta.txz: . done
    Fetching packagesite.txz: .......... done
    Processing entries: .......... done
    pfSense repository update completed. 385 packages processed.

    Upgrading pfSense-repo... done.
    Unlocking package pfSense-kernel-pfSense... done.
    The following 5 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

    Installed packages to be UPGRADED:
            pfSense-rc: 2.3.1_1 -> 2.3.1_5 [pfSense-core]
            pfSense-kernel-pfSense: 2.3.1_1 -> 2.3.1_5 [pfSense-core]
            pfSense-default-config: 2.3.1_1 -> 2.3.1_5 [pfSense-core]
            pfSense-base: 2.3.1_1 -> 2.3.1_5 [pfSense-core]
            pfSense: 2.3.1_1 -> 2.3.1_5 [pfSense]

    38 MiB to be downloaded.

    **** WARNING ****
    Reboot will be required!!
    Proceed with upgrade? (y/N) y

    Downloading upgrade packages…
    Updating pfSense-core repository catalogue...
    pfSense-core repository is up-to-date.
    Updating pfSense repository catalogue...
    pfSense repository is up-to-date.
    All repositories are up-to-date.
    Checking for upgrades (5 candidates): ..... done
    Processing candidates (5 candidates): ..... done
    The following 5 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

    Installed packages to be UPGRADED:
            pfSense-rc: 2.3.1_1 -> 2.3.1_5 [pfSense-core]
            pfSense-kernel-pfSense: 2.3.1_1 -> 2.3.1_5 [pfSense-core]
            pfSense-default-config: 2.3.1_1 -> 2.3.1_5 [pfSense-core]
            pfSense-base: 2.3.1_1 -> 2.3.1_5 [pfSense-core]
            pfSense: 2.3.1_1 -> 2.3.1_5 [pfSense]

    38 MiB to be downloaded.
    Fetching pfSense-rc-2.3.1_5.txz: . done
    Fetching pfSense-kernel-pfSense-2.3.1_5.txz: …....... done
    Fetching pfSense-default-config-2.3.1_5.txz: . done
    Fetching pfSense-base-2.3.1_5.txz: ......Write failed: Broken pipe

    Now its 1 hour later and box is still death! I have to drive to this remote location, 190 km!!



  • Same here, almost 3 days trying for this update from 2.3.1.1 to 2.3.1.5 to work
    on a Watchguard x750e, and still no luck.

    Grtz
    DeLorean



  • FWIW, I have just done mine this AM and it has worked flawlessly - with a noticeable improvement in responses too.

    I can't offer any help but FWIW, I am using simple AMD A4-5000 MoBo.  I upgraded from 2.2.?? to 2.3.1 to 2.3.1_5 in the past week or so with the only issue being the WAN interfaces not reporting properly after the 2.2.x to 2.3.1 upgrade, but the forum guidance sorted that quickly.  2.3.1 to 2.3.1_5 was totally painless … but it did take quite a while to reboot after the upgrade.

    My installation is quite simple really, just two WAN gateways in a fall over load sharing setup with a OpenVPN gateway and one lan.  I use a single quad port intel pro nic.



  • I have managed to get the update from 2.3.1 to 2.3.1p5 working,
    but like you say, it takes a long time to complete.
    And i have used the 2Gb image, i think is gonna take a while longer for the 4Gb image.
    I have also the feeling that 2.3.1p5 is still verry unstable, i have opened another topic about
    problems with timeout errors at boot, and corrupting after reboot or shutdown.

    Grtz
    DeLorean