Can't connect devices to pfsense
hello all. i installed pfsense on an old tower i had here in the following confog: modem>pfsense WAN>pfsenseLAN>unmanaged switch>wireless router>workstations
i have all router functions disabled on the wireless router (Cisco E2000) so it should be acting only as an access point. currently i cannot connect wirelessly and also can only connect wired if i set a static IP on my laptop that is connected to the switch. if i set it to DHCP i get an APIPA number (169...*).
under the status/DHCP leases on pfsense it is showing several leases out for all of my wireless devices but all say offline. occasionally a couple of the phones will come back to online status but i still cannot connect to the internet with them. they are all iphone 6's but that shouldn't matter. i also cannot connect wirelessly with my laptop. my first thought was a DHCP issue but pfsense shows it leased the numbers to the devices.
i don't think the issue is my wireless router as my laptop hardwired to the switch will not work unless i set a static number, which indicates a DHCP issue. could it be DNS? i have left the pfsense DNS settings to default as my understanding is it will use DHCP to find my DNS server (which is my ISP). i have my laptop statically set to use 22.214.171.124 for now.
my DHCP config is as follows: my pfsense is set to 192.168.1.1. my range is set to 192.168.1.103-192.168.1.149. my laptop is set to static using 192.168.1.152 but will be reverted back to static once this issue is resolved. my wireless router is set to 192.168.1.102
thanks and i will update any findings or fixes
i just set my laptop back to DHCP and it did pick up an IP from pfsense and is working so that is resolved. now i just need to get my wireless working
seems to be working now. i changed routers to my netgear. i have had issues with this cisco router in the past but it had been fine for awhile now. not sure if it was a setting i missed somewhere or what but i disabled all routing functions in the netgear and connected it an everything seems to be working fine now.