Activate an OPTx interface From the VGA console of pfSense 2.3.2 64 bit

• Hi

From the VGA console of pfSense 2.3.2 64 bit installation, how do I activate an OPTx interface to be able configure it and control it via the Web?

Thanks

Bye

• LAYER 8 Netgate

I don't think you can do that. 1) Assign Interfaces is meant for bringing basic functionality to the router. It will want to reassign WAN, LAN, etc.

Is there a reason you can't just assign it using the webgui from LAN?

• @Derelict:

I don't think you can do that. 1) Assign Interfaces is meant for bringing basic functionality to the router. It will want to reassign WAN, LAN, etc.

Is there a reason you can't just assign it using the webgui from LAN?

Since the WebGUI does not work anymore with the OPT1 interface, I can not more to remotely access to my hardware firewall.

So, I should directly access to this device, use the VGA console and try to reassign the OPT1 interface to work properly.

So, how do I re-enable OPT1 interface?

Thanks

Bye

• LAYER 8 Netgate

Reassign a basic interface configuration, connect, and restore from a backup.

Or use console option 15 to restore a configuration from before it was broken.

• Or, assign the OPTn from the console menu, and setup its IP address also from the console menu,
    then go to the shell from the console menu 8, and disable pf

pfctl -d

Then you should be able to access the webGUI from OPTn (I assume this is your problem - that you have physical access to OPTn but need it to allow you through the firewall), and setup the rule(s) you really want or restore a known-good config.

• LAYER 8 Netgate

Yeah, I wasn't thinking. Reassigning using option 1 won't Re-IP everything. If you enter the same physical interfaces you already have you can they just set an interface IP address on OPT1. I do not believe that will create a firewall rule, however,

pfctl -d should work too.