Unable to save Domain Override



  • I keep getting the error "please match the requested format" as far as I can tell, it is.

    EDIT 1: After checking the box which enables forwarding mode I was able to create 1 domain override rule, I still however cannot create others or even edit the rule I just made. (the same error is persisting)

    EDIT 2: I seem to have found a work around, by first stopping the DNS service, I was able to create more rules.


  • Rebel Alliance Global Moderator

    what are you wanting to override?  single label prob not a good idea?  You sure do not want/need forwarding mode do you??




  • @johnpoz:

    what are you wanting to override?  single label prob not a good idea?  You sure do not want/need forwarding mode do you??

    What/how is a single label probe? I tried google with no answer.

    The 2nd picture in my earlier post is actually misleading,  :-[ I apologize. To briefly explain, I have a Smart DNS service which gives me access to Hulu even though I'm not inside the US, however, this DNS is not the fastest and sometimes has issues. My plan is to continue using pfsense DNS resolver to use and cache high speed free DNS servers like Google's and OpenDNS's. So what I have done is on System->General I have set Google and OpenDNS numbers, and on domain override I have set Hulu and Getflix (the SmartDNS boys) to use the SmartDNS numbers. This now works with all my computers, and I can stream Hulu.

    [URL=https://someimage.com/qzug3MR]

    Unfortunely, this error is continuing to haunt me now inside "Firewall Rules"  :'(
    I am now creating firewall rules to get my Chromecast to use my smart DNS but this same error (Please match the requested format) is making things impossible.
    Forcing chromecast to behave is not a new issue and is well documented. I've followed the instructions from the wiki (https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Blocking_DNS_queries_to_external_resolvers) with a minor change; I set the chromecast in the source so that these rules dont affect any else on the network who wish to use whatever DNS they please.

    I was able to first create the 2 rules as per the wiki, and even edit the 1st rule, changing source from any to chromecasts (which I had created an alias for)

    but trying to make the same change to the 2nd rule has failed, even after first stopping the DNS Resolver service.

    EDIT: I'm starting to believe this problem is only with Chrome, using Firefox seems alright.



  • It's a problem with the Chrome browser. I had the same issue and using Firefox works.



  • Thanks for pointing out the Chrome problem, this was driving me up the wall.