2.3.2 DNS resolver issue
Getting a issue with DNS resolver,
keep getting the following error on all new entries in the table
error : "Please match the format requested"
Any idea how to resolve this?
Searching the pfSense forums for the error message is where I'd start.
No specific search result, the only thing i can find is related to DHCP and its pretty straight forward,
I am using an IP in the field in the correct form and actually the same has worked for me in the 2.3.1, because i was already using the DNS resolver to resolve the same Intranet site, existing entries are OK, but if i delete the existing and try to add the same again it pops up with the mentioned message.
I am guessing this is a GUI issue.
Use advanced search with search order "most recent topics first".
This specific issue is covered in several of those threads.
It is the result of a know bug in Chrome.
- Navigate to System > Package Manager, Available Packages tab
- Install the System Patches package
- Navigate to System > Patches
- Click + Add New Patch
- Enter the Description: Chrome Bug Workaround
- Enter the URL/Commit ID: 83469e50681bf1ab0388e5cb756d5198b7f705f4
- Click Save
- Click Fetch
- Click Apply