2.3.2 100% cpu load with SMP



  • I'm following up on this thread, but I can't respond to it.

    https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=110710.0

    I've been encountering the same or very similar issue as described in the thread.  It started after the upgrade to the 2.3.x series.  It seemed to happen every 7 days at first.  During that time we discovered a network survey app that was pounding TCP and UDP ports across the network.  We stopped that and it went away.  Then the crashes came back over a longer period of time.  This week it has happened a few times over the last couple days (about 12 hours apart +/-).

    Following the suggestion on the thread, I've disabled all cores but core 0 for SMP.  Now I'm seeing a 75-90% constant CPU.

    I'm wondering if any progress has been made on this thread or if there is anything else I can do/provide to help solve the problem.

    Version: 2.3.2-RELEASE (amd64)
    built on Tue Jul 19 12:44:43 CDT 2016
    FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE-p5

    CPU Type: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D2550 @ 1.86GHz
    Load average: 2.60, 2.25, 2.03
    CPU usage: 86%
    Memory usage: 6% of 4050 MiB

    Thanks



  • This problem went away with 2.3.3


Log in to reply