Fresh install does not give Internet access [RESOLVED]

• Hello,

I have in trouble with my fresh install of pfSense.

• Fresh install on reformatted drive

• Hardware is a NUC Intel, with hard-drive, 2 network interface: internal ETH + USB-ETH

• Installed with default options, and automatic LAN detection.

• Version is 2.3.2-RELEASE(amd64) installed from imaged USB key : pfSense-CE-memstick-2.3.2-RELEASE-amd64 with correct SHA256.

• WAN is DHCP on access box from my provider, and use USB-ETHERNET adapter. @IP is 192.168.100.32

• Box (provider) is 192.168.100.254

• LAN is default install on internel ETHERNET port, @PI is 192.168.1.1

From my PC directly connected on internal interface (LAN) from NUC (DHCPed from psSense) @IP 192.168.1.100 it is possible to:Ping internet adress on Internet

• Nslookup

But impossible to:

• access web site

• ftp

• telnet

Have you some idea, or how can i investigate this problem ?

Best Regards,
    Lucky

• LAYER 8 Netgate

The default configuration should work. You either strayed from that or have something peculiar in your environment that must be found. I'd start here:

https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Connectivity_Troubleshooting

• Thank you for the link. But unfortunately , all checks pass …

I finally found the solution:

Valid (tick) "Disable hardware checksum offload" resolved my problem"
    in [[i]System / Advanced / Networking]

Probably the external (WAN) USB-ETHERNET is the problem source.
    It is curious, because the same hardware work perfect on different computer (Raspberry Pi, netbook, DELL PC, …).

May be a driver bug ?

Best Regards,
    Lucky

• hello everyone, Im having the same problem. I have tried the above given solution but it seems to be useless. Im still not able to solve the issue. Can someone suggest me the different ways. I would be thankful for your response.
    Thank you

• Hi,

Did you post on this 2 years old thread (!! ) because you use the same hardware : USB Nic ?

Telling you have a problem and describing the issue with one word "problem" won't help us so we can help you ...