SG-2440 no WebGUI with new LAN IP
With the hardware, GUI and console up, my first requirement is to change the LAN IP. I'd thought this to be just a simple address change from the default 192.168.x.x to 172.28.x.x – but that didn't work.
- SG-2440, assume factory defaults with working WebGUI and working console
- PC browse URL: 192.168.1.1 does bring up the WebGUI
LAN test config:
- Change LAN IP via WebGUI
- LAN IP: 172.28.1.1 /24
- Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Save settings but Hold off 'Apply Changes'
- Enable DHCP, Range: 172.28.1.10 -to- 172.28.1.20
- Save settings, then go back and Apply Changes
- With PC still wired LAN connected to SG-2440 LAN port
- IPv4: 172.28.1.50 (Static IP address)
- Mask: 255.255.255.0
- DNS: 172.28.1.1
- Browser URL: 172.28.1.1
Fails to connect to WebGUI
Reboot SG-2440 does not help.
- So, set IPv4 / DNS to DHCP
- Browse URL: 172.28.1.1
Still fails to connect to WebGUI
- Browse URL: 172.28.1.1/:80 (Fails)
#ping 172.28.1.1 (Works)
#ping 172.28.1.50 (Fails)
#ping 172.28.1.15 (Fails)
#sockstat | grep lighttpd
Shows no listing -- so no reference to port :80
So, I assume I must be missing, overlooking or misunderstanding something basic.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
chuchuchu last edited by
does win10 pc receive ip via dhcp ?
Yes, the default 192.168.1.1 LAN config w/DHCP does work. The LAN connect fails with the new 172.28.1.1 IP, with or without the DHCP server and the PC using either DHCP or static IP addressing.
I keep expecting to find some other setting to re-config with the IP change but, then again, I don't think I should need to set anything other than LAN IP, DHCP, Mask and DHCP IP Range.
Double-check everything (netmasks(!)).
I've done the same thing robably 500 times. it works exactly as you would expect.
Funny you should write that …
- Again, just did a box reset to default, then dropped the DHCP to use Static on the 192.168.x.x default
- Verified PC static at .1.16 via the ARP table ... that worked ...
- Then switched over to 172.28.1.1 LAN ... and static 172.28.1.16 PC
- It worked ... and ARP table agrees.
Must have been my 501st try ;-)
Thanks for the use of your magic wand.