No traffic on DNS rule?

• Greetings everyone!

Going direct to the problem, I have images (attachments) below that will tell all. Its my Traffic Shaper, My Floating, and a putty session to my pfSense box accessing pfTOP.

as you can see from the pfTop screenshot, no traffic is passing to my qDNS queue, what I did wrong?

floating rule is placed to the bottom most place and also have a "quick" enabled

I also did a reset states but it will still not have a traffic for qDNS.

can anyone help out?

• LAYER 8 Netgate

Quick means nothing on a match rule (if processing stopped there the traffic would never be passed). Something else must be matching the traffic. What interface(s) are those rules on?

I would put those on floating WAN out without being source limited. Unless you want to prefer DNS queries for one LAN and not another.

• If quick does do nothing, then why its there?

I will try to see it again the rules regarding if there are any rules that may match it, but I have read that somewhere here on the forums that on floating rules last match wins, that is why I placed it on the bottom part.

on your last paragraph, how can I implement that? and I don't clearly understand it, I hope you can shed more info on this, thanks

• On your floating rules, for each one change the interface to WAN, and set the Source from LAN net to any.

• LAYER 8 Netgate

Quick is here for pass and block rules.

• @KOM:

On your floating rules, for each one change the interface to WAN, and set the Source from LAN net to any.

thank you on that info, let me try that out.

@Derelict:

Quick is here for pass and block rules.

thank you as well for this, I will note it.
    Anyways, should it be also reflected on the pfSense docs?

• @KOM:

On your floating rules, for each one change the interface to WAN, and set the Source from LAN net to any.

okay, I have cheated a bit and only changed my qDNS entires, qDNS now is populated and it seems to work now as I try to browse the net and try to observe it (refer to attached image).

and for what I notice, qDNS on the LAN side does not have any activity, is this okay?