Netgate RCC-VE 2440 - mPCIe slot & BIOS fix

• Hey guys, I got a bit of a weird problem:
    I started using the device with one Compex WLE200NX card in the first mPCIe slot (the one without the SIM card slot) - works great. Now, I don't only want to support one band but also the other - so I inserted another WLE200NX, this time the second mPCIe slot.

It just doesn't work - I always get 'ath1 device timeout' errors, and no configuration seems to work. I found a thread here stating there is a similar problem on the RCC-VE 4860, but it has been fixed since then.
    As both devices appear similar, I would guess the same fix applies to the 2440 also, but there is no recent BIOS available. The latest version published appears to be dated to Jan/Feb this year, which means way before the fix was even made.

This thread stated there once was a newer version available, but has been pulled since. Is there any information available whether a fix is in the progress of being published - or has it been since abandoned (as there seems to be no activity on the BIOS side for these devices anymore)?

Thanks!

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

Last I heard, we're still waiting on a working fix for that.

But that aside, putting two radios in the same box like that is probably not going to work as well as you're hoping. There may be too much interference.

• Ah, thank you for your reply!

This message here seemed to indicate that there already is a working fix. If this is not the case (if I understood you correctly, that is), does this mean it's currently unknown whether and when a fix will be available? I do not want to sound rude or disrespectful, it is rather a matter of having certainty about the outlook in regards to this particular problem.

:)

EDIT: To make it more clear why I'm asking this directly: The last update on this fix has been nearly half a year old. I do not care about this 'delay' (as I've just now come to experience the problem), it just suggests a certain difficulty of fixing this problem and therefore the likelihood of it happening in the nearer future.

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

There is a new BIOS that is supposed to fix it, but it has not yet completed internal testing to be suitable for production release.

• That is great news indeed! I hope it all goes well and we can see it in the near future.

Thank you for your insights.

:)