News about PFsense and Trim?
pfsenselearner last edited by
In the current PFsense version (2.3.2-p1 / 64BIT) is Trim activated automatically? I will use it for the firewall on a reactivated DELL Precision workstations. If not, how do I activate TRIM permanently - so even after a reboot?
Am grateful for every tip.
I have found this note from ThePOO is it still current? ( https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=97554.0 )
–---- I was pretty frustrated getting TRIM enabled in 2.2.4
------ This is what worked for me to get the trim status set to enabled for my SSD.
1. booted pfSense from USB stick and installed pfSense to SSD
2. booted pfSense from SSD and watched my console -- made note of ...
"Trying to mount root from /dev/ufsid/55bdd213616a70a3"
3. booted pfSense from USB stick into single-user mode
4. at the # prompt, the following was issued:
/sbin/tunefs -t enable /dev/ufsid/55bdd213616a70a3
5. booted pfSense from SSD. ran Shell from the console -- verified TRIM status with:
/sbin/tunefs -p /
------ I hope this works for everyone!
Thank you very much!
Guest last edited by
In the current PFsense version (2.3.2-p1 / 64BIT) is Trim activated automatically?
The only place that TRIM is activated automatically is on 2.4 when choosing ZFS, because ZFS has TRIM support built-in.