SG-1000 Traffic Shaper issues
I'm using the SG-1000 (arm-based) device and have recently tried to configure traffic shaping now that ALTQ is supported on cpsw NICs in the SG-1000.
I've run into the following issues:
1. When choosing PRIQ, the wizard never made the VOIP queue, when entering the VoIP server IP. Even after running the wizard multiple times (Choosing HCSF, the wizard DID make the VoIP queue).
2. When choosing PRIQ, despite my best (admittedly NOOB) efforts to have all traffic to/from a single IP (say 192.168.1.50) put to the qOthersHigh queue, all traffic shows on the qLink and qDefault queues. Nothing is routed to other queues.
3. When choosing HFSC, despite my best (admittedly NOOB) efforts to have all traffic to/from a single IP (say 192.168.1.50) put to the qOthersHigh queue, all traffic shows on the qLink and qDefault queues. Nothing is routed to other queues.
I have experienced this while running a couple of builds, most recently 2.4.0-BETA (arm) built on Mon Feb 20 10:59:32 CST 2017 FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p7.
This leaves me with a few questions, I'm hoping to get help answering:
1. Is the traffic actually going to the right queue but the queue screen isn't showing it properly? How could I check this?
2. Is something funky with ALL of my floating rules (wizard-created, and cloned and modified?) such that they aren't actually matching traffic and routing packets into queues?
3. Has anyone else used an SG-1000 to successfully see traffic in non-default queues when traffic shaping? i.e. is the issue me and my config, or something with the arm builds for the SG-1000?
I'm new to the PFsense community coming from years and years of a Pentium 3 running smoothwall.
Thanks for any assistance ore requests for additional information.