PfSense looses config on IPv6 interface after some time.
mrzaz last edited by
Have seen a problem for a long time that has still not been resolved.
I have Huricane IPv6 GIF and an Interface for this.
If I configure the interface with IP/mask/gateway the config is shown in the gui OK.
BUT then after a few days sometimes weeks suddenly the config is gone in the GUI but also in the XML.
But traffic still works OK.
- Happens without reboot. Spontaniously after some time.
- Works for a few days/weeks where IPv6 config is seen as normal in GUI but then suddenly it is gone but traffic still works.
- When it occur, ping to remote site still works. (see ping below)
- See screenshot with dashboard shoing that IPv6 traffic is working even if no config is seen in the GUI.
- Seen also in previous versions upto and including 2.3.3
- Has happened numerous times.
- Also in XML config for interfaces the data is gone. (See example below)
- Seems like somehow pfSense screws something up and overwrites/removes some of the settings in the IPv6 interface.
But under the hood, in the OS config, it is still configured and working.
- Never seen it on any other IPv4 interface. It is always the same IPv6 interface.
WHEN FAULT OCCURS:
PING6(56=40+8+8 bytes) 2001:470:27:dd5::2 –> 2001:6b0:8:2::233
16 bytes from 2001:6b0:8:2::233, icmp_seq=0 hlim=57 time=2.123 ms
16 bytes from 2001:6b0:8:2::233, icmp_seq=1 hlim=57 time=6.498 ms
16 bytes from 2001:6b0:8:2::233, icmp_seq=2 hlim=57 time=2.159 ms
--- webc.sunet.se ping6 statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/std-dev = 2.123/3.593/6.498/2.054 ms
See attached screenshots.
This is starting to getting on my nerves as fault still occurs and now I needed to report it.
Please contact me if you need more details for the redmin bug-report or if you want me to write it there myself.
taz3146 last edited by
the "Opt X" interface the Gif is attached too shouldn't have ip address's itself, set them to "none" for v4 and v6. only the "Gif" itself should and of course any LAN/s you want to have ipv6.
for reference it's covered with screenshots here https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Using_IPv6_with_a_Tunnel_Broker#Configure_OPT_Interface
mrzaz last edited by
OK, my bad. Must have missed that. Sorry for the confusion.