Realvnc problems within ipsec

• Hello all:

Just a quick question to ask if anyone has had any problems with realvnc and 1.2 release. On the remote site i have an ipsec rule that allows everything and on the home side i have a ipsec rule that allows everything from the wan address of the remote yet i cannot connect to remote computer using realvnc

• @moffl:

Hello all:

Just a quick question to ask if anyone has had any problems with realvnc and 1.2 release. On the remote site i have an ipsec rule that allows everything and on the home side i have a ipsec rule that allows everything from the wan address of the remote yet i cannot connect to remote computer using realvnc

Well… The rule on the home side is wrong: you have to configure it with the remote LAN address and not with the WAN address...

• Sorry:

I worded it wrong it is actually configured on the home side for the remote lan subnet

• @moffl:

Sorry:

I worded it wrong it is actually configured on the home side for the remote lan subnet

So if I understand your config:

• Remote site:
      You have a rule permitting anything. So, something like this:
      any -> any permit.

• Home site:
      You have a rule permitting anything from you LAN. So, something like this:
      Hom LAN -> any permit

Am I right? If so, can you ping the server you're trying to reach with VNC?