XBOX One will not get DHCP address…

• Dear Friends,

I have just put together a pfSense system to manage my home network on an repurposed Dell PC.  I cannot get my Xbox on (original version) to get a DHCP address via Ethernet while my old router; a RT-AC68U will give it an address without problems.  Other devices get IP’s and work well.

The pfSense system has an in internal NIC is an Intel® 82567LM (as WAN) and Intel EXPI9404PTL PRO/1000 PT (port 1 as LAN). Note: I did have to add lines to the /boot/loader.conf.local as outlined in https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Tuning_and_Troubleshooting_Network_Cards#Intel_igb.284.29_and_em.284.29_Cards

To be clear I have not even gotten far enough to set up rules for Xbox Live, right now I just can’t get it to connect to the Internet.  This is a rather fresh install and thus other then configuring UPNP (a suggestion I read). I haven’t configured the system very far beyond the basics.

I am new to the product and thus I offer my thanks you in advance for any help the community can offer!

Sincerely,

Eric T Gadsby