/etc/passwd displayed in top of the GUI



  • Hi,

    I did the upgrade to 2.3.3-1 and the gui show up the /etc/passwd file.

    I also had to remove the package ftpproxy_client manually because some services didn't came up.

    ![Capture d’écran 2017-04-20 à 22.41.19.png](/public/imported_attachments/1/Capture d’écran 2017-04-20 à 22.41.19.png)
    ![Capture d’écran 2017-04-20 à 22.41.19.png_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/Capture d’écran 2017-04-20 à 22.41.19.png_thumb)
    ![Capture d’écran 2017-04-20 à 22.41.04.png](/public/imported_attachments/1/Capture d’écran 2017-04-20 à 22.41.04.png)
    ![Capture d’écran 2017-04-20 à 22.41.04.png_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/Capture d’écran 2017-04-20 à 22.41.04.png_thumb)



  • I can't install package and check for upgrade too  :-\



  • backup your config & reinstall & restore backup.

    will be quickest way


  • LAYER 8 Netgate

    Based on the information available my first guess is the storage in that device is failing or has failed in fairly spectacular fashion.

    You might check the system log for anything to that effect.

    Also available might be the upgrade log at /cf/conf/upgrade_log.txt



  • I can't restore the config. The XML contain the same account information and the XML doesn't seems to be incomplete.

    There is anyway to the backup from the command line ?


  • Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

    The filesystem appears to have been mangled in such a way that one of the PHP header/include files has had its contents swapped with all or part of the passwd file.

    If you can connect to the device with scp (use the root account, with the admin password), grab /conf/config.xml directly, do not use the GUI to make a backup.

    I wouldn't trust the filesystem at this point. A wipe and reload is required at a minimum, but if the disk is dying that should be replaced as well.



  • I restored the config.xml but FreeBSD did a kernel panic at boot.

    I had to modify the config.xml and remove haproxy from the package list and the config. I think the package in 2.2.x did not pass the upgrade.

    I installed haproxy from 2.3.3.1 and restored only the configuration of haproxy directly in the new config.xml.


  • Banned

    Noone told you to restore config.xml on the broken box. You were told to backup config.xml directly via SCP/SSH and do a full re-install at minimum. Only after that is finished, you should be restoring any config.

    Also, check your HW.



  • I did a restore of the config.xml on the new VM not on the old. I backuped the config.xml via scp and did a full install and restored. It's the new VM that failed. It was the config.xml itself that was problematic. Something got wrong at the upgrade.


Log in to reply