Load Balancing by percentage



  • Hi,

    Forgive me if this has been covered before. I am not too sure what I should be searching for.

    I have a multi-WAN setup, but since the lines are not the same speed I want to be able to load balance by a percentage. For example Line 1 40% of traffic, Line 2 60% of traffic. If this is possible where would I configure it. Thanks for any input.



  • Add a extra monitor ip for the faster line in your load balancer pool.



  • Hi Perry,

    I'm having the same problem. Can you explain to me in dummy-terms how this solution would look like and work?

    thx!



  • This is a week old but it's something I've been playing with and I've got the answer.  Anyway, to do percentage-based load balancing you'd want to add more than one entry for each connection in your LB Pool.

    Example, you've got a 2 Mbit/s line and a 500 Kbit/s line and you want them used relatively evenly.  To do that you'd want to create 4 entries for the first and 1 for the second.  That way, approximately 80% of your traffic would go to the 2 Mbit/s line and the other 20% to the 500 Kbit/s line.



  • Hi Jason
    yeah, i had already figured that same thing out. it was this post that started me in the right direction. Works fine now.

    thx for your input though


Log in to reply