Upgrade to 2.3.4-RELEASE-p1 reported as "failed"

• I've just upgrade a NonoBSD from 2.3.4 to 2.3.4-RELEASE-p1.

The upgrade screen reported "Update failed", but there is nothing in the upgrade logs (NanoBSD Diagnostics) to confirm this and the dashboard shows the version as 2.3.4-RELEASE-p1.

The update screen stopped updating when it reported "Updating pfSense core", though the update log did show transactions after this.

Note: I went to get a copy of the update log to include here, but it now just shows:

>>> Updating repositories metadata... done.
    2.3.4_1 version of pfSense is available

• Rebel Alliance Developer Netgate

It's possible the browser lost contact with the update process, but in continued on the in background.

If the firewall rebooted and now shows 2.3.4-p1, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about

• Thanks, I thought it was all ok as it's working fine  :)

The system didn't reboot automatically, so I did it manually and it is showing the -p1 version.

As an aside, the update process did seem different to me from before (but it may just be my memory).

1. Update copied the boot slice to the alternate and downloaded the update files to it.
    2. System automatically restarted from the alternate.
    3. Dashboard showed I was still on 2.3.4 and that 2.3.4-p1 was available.
    4. Hitting "update" started the update process in the current slice (using the already-downloaded files) - this is the update that was reported as failed.

• I've had simliar issues with previous updates.  Now I always update the system using ssh with option 13 and it never fails there.