Memory error when trying to update URLBlacklist in Squidguard



  • When I try to update the URLBlacklist in Squidguard 1.3.1 I get this error, and the update is halted:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17239700 bytes) in /usr/local/pkg/squidguard_configurator.inc on line 1599



  • What blacklist source you update from?



  • This is on pf 1.2.1 RC2 snapshot of yesterday.
    I'm subscribing to urlblacklist.com.



  • /usr/local/pkg/squidGuard_configurator.inc Line 53

    /* Allow additional execution time 0 = no limit. */
    ini_set('max_execution_time', '3600');
    ini_set('max_input_time', '3600');
    ini_set('memory_limit', '64M');
    


  • Hi Serg

    Ok, I changed the upload limit.

    Hmm, I don't get the error now, but I'm not sure if it has solved anything.
    I tried doing an update, and it just refreshed the page. I don't see anything in the top that looks like it's busy parsing the file.
    Also, it still didn't show all the categories.
    So I did a 'restore last' and it shows all the categories again.
    After this I asked it to do a new update, but it just refreshed the page.

    It could be because I've asked for too many updates in too short a time, so I'll try again later today to see if anything has changed.



  • Big blacklist take Big time for rebuil db

    You can reload db from temp /tmp/sg_blacklists.tar - this is old success downloaded blacklist (enter local path to 'Blacklist URL' field

    After unpacking new blacklist placed to /var/squidGuard/arcdb and will rebuilded here. Only after this db copying to local squidGuard DB and you can view this from GUI.

    Restore last button copy /var/squidGuard/arcdb to squidGuard DB This is usable if you reinstall you SG with his inplaced blacklist.


Log in to reply