Memory and Disk usage

• Hi!

Just wondering if my pfsense memory and disk usage is normal.  I have attached a screen shot for reference.    What should I look at to decrease the disk usage?

TIA!

AST
    ![Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 6.11.13 PM.jpg](/public/imported_attachments/1/Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 6.11.13 PM.jpg)
    ![Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 6.11.13 PM.jpg_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 6.11.13 PM.jpg_thumb)

• @ast:

….  What should I look at to decrease the disk usage?

You with your pfSense where it was designed for : that's not, for example, being a web server.
    Icap/snort/squid/Clamav/dpinger/Bandwith/…. and you wonder why it burns cycles ?

Remove all these - bring your system to "as the day it was delivered" and you will see it calm down ;)

• @Gertjan:

@ast:

….  What should I look at to decrease the disk usage?

You with your pfSense where it was designed for : that's not, for example, being a web server.
    Icap/snort/squid/Clamav/dpinger/Bandwith/…. and you wonder why it burns cycles ?

Remove all these - bring your system to "as the day it was delivered" and you will see it calm down ;)

I understand that I'm letting my pfsense do a lot of things and asking for lessen the disk usage, but just wondering that maybe i can set the cache to back up less often? or delete cache every now and then?

• Set the maximum amount of disk cache to a lower value from what it's now set to.

I'd still say you're worrying about nothing. It's only if the system runs out completely out of disk space when you have a real problem but that's not going to happen unless you do a gross misconfiguration and allocate more disk space for the cache than you actually have.

• @kpa:

Set the maximum amount of disk cache to a lower value from what it's now set to.

I'd still say you're worrying about nothing. It's only if the system runs out completely out of disk space when you have a real problem but that's not going to happen unless you do a gross misconfiguration and allocate more disk space for the cache than you actually have.

Hi!

Thanks so much for this insight, greatly appreciated.  As 'I'm just a bit new to this, just want to make sure.

Can I just ask, where I can configure the disk cache size?

TIA!

• Hi!

For some weird reason, my disk usage jumped up to 106%,  how is that possible?  And also, can i ask on how I can "delete" some files to make room?

© Copyright 2002 - 2018 Rubicon Communications, LLC | Privacy Policy