DNS issue after upgrade to 2.4.1
mogwai73 last edited by
After upgrading to 2.4.1 my system stopped responding to DNS requests for local hosts.
I fixed this as follows:
A look into the DNS forwarder log showed me that the number of entries in my /etc/hosts files fluctuated highly. I logged into the system and found that my /etc/hosts file only contained the entries for the dynamic DHCP leases. I then went to the DNS forwarder settings and disabled "Register DHCP static mappings in DNS forwarder", applied the changes, re-enabled this setting and applied again.
This rebuilt my hosts file and the DNS responder started resolving the router's and the DHCP client's hostnames.