Updated SG-3100 from version 2.4.1 to 2.4.2

• Hello, my led on my SG-3100 told me that there was a new version ready to install, and I did, got the installation is successful and wait 80 seconds to reboot, and now I have waited for like 15 mins and now all 3 leds are blinking blue.

No internet connection, and can't reach 192.168.1.1

Anyone knows what todo?

• @DPH:

Hello, my led on my SG-3100 told me that there was a new version ready to install, and I did, got the installation is successful and wait 80 seconds to reboot, and now I have waited for like 15 mins and now all 3 leds are blinking blue.

No internet connection, and can't reach 192.168.1.1

Anyone knows what todo?

You will need to connect the USB console cable from the firewall to a PC or laptop running PuTTY (a free serial terminal application you can download from a Google search) or any other similar terminal emulation program.  There should be a message waiting on the console about the problem.

Here is a link to the documenation for connecting to the console – https://www.netgate.com/docs/sg-3100/connect-to-console.html

Bill

• Galactic Empire

Any update on this? What did console show? How was your SG-3100 configured?

• Hello, thanks for information.
    I will connect SG-3100 to USB console and see what it says. Will post update when im back from work.

• I tried to connect via USB console. I did this on Friday, and successfully connected to the SG-3100, im using Mac OSX and terminal(screen)

Sadly I get an error.

Cannot exec /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART: No such file or directory.

This came after i inserted my password.

Now I need help!

Edit: my SG-3100 was very standard configured, I added some apps, PfblockerNG, Squid, and everything has worked well until i installed 2.4.2 and nothing happened.

• Galactic Empire

Have you installed drivers for serial? Install MacOS version from here https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers

I think you're missing "screen" from your command. Here's the full command:

screen /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART 115200

If it shows a blank screen press enter.

• Thanks, it was a newbie mistake from me:)

What happened is that SG-3100 stopped at startup in the "Syncing OpenVPN settings.. Enter Auth Password:
    enter the password for the OpenVPN user, that i tried to setup. it started normally.

Deleted the OpenVPN user, and tested a reboot now, everything normal.