Queues show NaN values, why?

• I'm using traffic shaping.

I have used a few different types, PRIQ works well for voip, but i'm looking to understand and use HFSC more.

In both of these queue schedulers, I see NaN (not a number) in the queue status.

Any idea why? See screen captures enclosed.

• Same here.  Noticed this on a fresh install of 2.4.3.  I was using PRIQ is 2.4.2 without these issues.  I could see the borrows and suspends column not be related to PRIQ specifically.  But I can't figure out why one of my queues (which is identical to all the other non-default queues other than priority number) is saying NaN for drops.

![PRIQ - NaN pfSEnse 2.4.3.png](/public/imported_attachments/1/PRIQ - NaN pfSEnse 2.4.3.png)
    ![PRIQ - NaN pfSEnse 2.4.3.png_thumb](/public/imported_attachments/1/PRIQ - NaN pfSEnse 2.4.3.png_thumb)

• I see NaN on all queue types eventually.

• Ah finally other people noticed.

I knew it was a bug, but wanted others to chime first…

From my own testing, this happens is you change the Queue Limit from the default (either null or 500) to a bigger number (1000, 2000).

If you don't do that, the queues would show the numbers (who knows if they are correct), but not NAN, until a day or so later, where some will show NaN.

I'm guessing some wrong math or counters, but a bug in this release, none the less.

@Gentle:

I'm using traffic shaping.

I have used a few different types, PRIQ works well for voip, but i'm looking to understand and use HFSC more.

In both of these queue schedulers, I see NaN (not a number) in the queue status.

Any idea why? See screen captures enclosed.

• I just retested with all default queue length settings and I get NaN right away for borrows and suspends using PRIQ.

• These NaN don't indicate that the shaping has any operational errors do they?

I see them on all interfaces, on all pri types.

• I didn't see them at all on PRIQ in 2.4.2.